This section clarifies what information is obtained from your use of this site, how it is used, its retension period and how it can be removed.
This sites GDPR policy
GDPR is the General Data Protection Regulation aimed at protecting all data regarding EU citizens.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
The basis of this site:
As a blog and a forum for members to post comments, it is deemed essential and forms the basis of this site, to collect and publicly display certain aspects of data collected, such as username, comment text, attachments (including pictures) and any links included; this data will be in the public domain.
Data this site collects:
The site collects the minimum amount of information that is necessary to operate this service and provide information for statistics on how its users use this service, as well as information required to secure the service and provide information to law enforcement agencies if required to do so. There are non-mandatory fields within this service that this site will collect only if the user enters the data and is considered "optional".
- Your IP address
- Your browser agent
- The pages visited
- Your previous site/pages
- Search queries
Whilst you browse this website, it will collect data about your browsing session. This data is anonymous; it cannot be used it to relate your browsing session to you personally. The kind of data it collects includes the pages that you visit, the number of times that you visit them, your operating system, your screen resolution, the version of your web browser and the country you’re visiting from.
Cookies are small files saved to the user’s computer's hard drive that track, save and store information about the user’s interactions and usage of the website. This allows the website, through its server to provide the users with a tailored experience within this website.
Users are advised that if they wish to deny the use and saving of cookies from this website on to their computers hard drive they should take necessary steps within their web browsers security settings to block all cookies from this website and its external serving vendors.
In addition to the above; the following information is also collected:
- Your email address
- Your username <for this site>
- Your First name (if given)
- Your Lastname (if given)
- Your profile picture (if uploaded)
- Your own website or a nominated website (if given)
- Your AIM (if given)
- Your Yahoo IM (if given)
- Your Jabba or Google Talk username (if given)
- Your biographical information (if given)
- Your password for this site
- Your movement and activity on this site
In addition to the above; the following information is also collected:
- Comment Text
- Attachments (including pictures)
How this data is used:
The data collected helps to:
- Manage your account on this site
- Track usage for auditing and security
- Plan for future site developments
- Identify and better promote most popular content, and likewise, the less popular content
- Gauge the success of marketing campaigns
- Identify periods of heavy site usage, to help forecast when is best to perform maintenance work
- To email you notifications regarding new or updates posts, comments, pages, newsletters and service status
The "Through participation" data is used to:
- Form the basis of this site for sharing information through comments, pages and posts.
This website uses any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services it offers or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have regarding the site's content.
Cancelling your account:
If this site no longer fits your needs, you can cancel your account by:
- Logging in to this website
- Going to Accounts
- Under "My Memberships" and "Level" clicking "Cancel"
- Confirm your cancellation
- Your account will be internally marked for deletion
By cancelling your account:
- Your account and Membership will be cancelled and deleted from the site's database no later than 14 days (but could be deleted within 24 hours), but backups will remain in place in accordance with the sites retention policy (see below)
- Access to the website's membership required content will be removed
- No refunds on unused or partially used membership payment cycles
- Any of your posts and comments will be attributed to "Anon"; However, the IP address used to post those items will remain in place for legal requirements
Until your account is deleted you may still receive service messages regarding your account or subscriptions and notifications you have signed up for.
Database & Server Backups:
Information is stored in the site's database and retained as follows as part of the site owners Data Recovery Plan:
- Site Internal backups are taken every day and retained for 7 days (Automated process)
- Server backups are taken every day and retained for 1 month (Automated process)
Backups are tested regularly, any restored data is removed immediately after successful confirmation.
Starting May 25, 2018, user and event data will be retained for 26 Months; Google Analytics will automatically delete user and event data that is older than this retention period. Note that these settings will not affect reports based on aggregated data. The site owner has set this retention period for this data so that two years can be compared, to spot trends and content functionality and usefulness to its users.
Further Privacy Information
Although this website only looks to include quality, safe and relevant external links, users are advised to adopt a policy of caution before clicking any external web links mentioned throughout this website. (External links are clickable text/ banner/image links to other websites, similar to; Folded Book Art or Cottages in Pembrokeshire.)
The owners of this website cannot guarantee or verify the contents of any externally linked website despite their best efforts. Users should, therefore, note they click on external links at their own risk and this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any external links mentioned. If it is brought to the attention of the site owners regarding a concern about the destination of a link, the link will be investigated and removed where appropriate.
Adverts and Sponsored Links
This website may contain sponsored links and adverts. These will typically be served through the site's advertising partners, to whom may have detailed privacy policies relating directly to the adverts they serve.
Social Media Platforms
Communication, engagement and actions taken through external social media platforms that this website and its owners participate on are custom to the terms and conditions as well as the privacy policies held with each social media platform respectively.
Users are advised to use social media platforms wisely and communicate/engage upon them with due care and caution in regard to their own privacy and personal details. This website nor its owners will ever ask for personal or sensitive information through social media platforms and encourage users wishing to discuss sensitive details to contact them through primary communication channels such as by telephone or email.
This website may use social sharing buttons which help share web content directly from web pages to the social media platform in question. Users are advised before using such social sharing buttons that they do so at their own discretion and note that the social media platform may track and save your request to share a web page respectively through your social media platform account.
Shortened Links in Social Media
This website and its owners through their social media platform accounts may share web links to relevant web pages. By default, some social media platforms shorten lengthy URLs [web addresses] (this is an example: http://bit.ly/zyVUBo).
Users are advised to take caution and good judgement before clicking any shortened URLs published on social media platforms by this website and its owners. Despite the best efforts to ensure only genuine URLs are published many social media platforms are prone to spam and hacking and therefore this website and its owners cannot be held liable for any damages or implications caused by visiting any shortened links.
Resources & Further Information
- Data Protection Act 1998
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations 2003
- Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations – The Guide
- Fillable PDF Forms Creation