Terms of Service
Last updated: December 31, 2016
Please read these Terms of Service ("Terms", "Terms of Service") carefully before using the https://www.daveiw.co.uk website (the "Service") operated by Dave Richardson ("me", "I", or "My").
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you must stop accessing this Service. This Terms of Service was created with (TermsFeed)
When you create an account with me, you must provide me information that is accurate, complete, and current at all times. Failure to do so constitutes a breach of the Terms, which may result in immediate termination of your account on My Service.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Service and for any activities or actions under your password, whether your password is with My Service or a third-party service.
You agree not to disclose your password to any third-party. You must notify me immediately upon becoming aware of any breach of security or unauthorized use of your account.
You must only create an account for yourself for your personal use, and not for the use of anyone else or organisation, however, anyone one in that organisation may create an account for their personal use.
Any content obtained from the use of this site or account may not be disseminated for the purpose or intent of negative impact of this site or Dave Richardson; Any action of such kind will be seen and treated as deformation in accordance with UK Law, and action taken accordingly.
Links To Other Web Sites
My Service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Dave Richardson.
Dave Richardson has no control over and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third-party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Dave Richardson shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
I strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you visit.
I may terminate or suspend access to My Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Upon termination, your right to use the Service will immediately cease. If you wish to terminate your account, you may simply discontinue using the Service.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of United Kingdom, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
My failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between me and you regarding my Service and supersede and replace any prior agreements that might have with me regarding the Service.
I reserve the right, at My sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. If a revision is material I will try to provide at least 30 days notice prior to any new terms taking effect. What constitutes a material change will be determined at My sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use My Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
If you have any questions about these Terms, please contact me.
This GDPR page is currently under development and is scheduled to go live before May 25th 2018
This sites GDPR policy
GDPR is the General Data Protection Regulation aimed at protecting all data regarding EU citizens.
This website and its owners take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
Basis of this site:
As a blog and a forum for members to post comments, it is deemed essential and forms the basis of this site, to collect and publicly display certain aspects of data collected, such as username, comment text, attachments (including pictures) and any links included; this data will be in the public domain.
Data this site collects:
- Your IP address
- Your browser agent
- The pages visited
- Your previous site/pages
- Search queries
In addition to the above; the following information is also collected:
- Your email address
- Your username <for this site>
- Your First name (if given)
- Your Lastname (if given)
- Your profile picture (if uploaded)
- Your own website or a nominated website (if given)
- Your AIM (if given)
- Your Yahoo IM (if given)
- Your Jabba or Google Talk username (if given)
- Your biographical information (if given)
- Your password for this site
- Your movement and activity on this site
In addition to the above; the following information is also collected:
- Comment Text
- Attachments (including pictures)
How this data is used:
The data collected helps to:
- Manage your account on this site
- Track usage for auditing and security
- Plan for future site developments
- Identify and better promote most popular content, and likewise, the less popular content
- Gauge the success of marketing campaigns
- Identify periods of heavy site usage, to help forecast when is best to perform maintenance work
- To email you notifications regarding new or updates posts, comments, pages, newsletters and service status
The "Through participation" data is used to:
- Form the basis of this site for sharing information through comments, pages and posts.
This website uses any information submitted to provide you with further information about the products/services it offers or to assist you in answering any questions or queries you may have regarding the site's content.
Cancelling your account:
If this site no longer fits your needs, you can cancel your account by:
- Logging in to this website
- Going to Accounts
- Under "My Memberships" and "Level" clicking "Cancel"
- Confirm your cancellation (you can at this point change your membership and keep your account)
- Sending an email to email@example.com with a subject of "Account Removal" from the email address associated with your account, with the body of the email confirming that you wish to have your account removed. Once you have emailed requesting your cancellation, this cannot be undone, your instruction will be carried.
By cancelling your account:
- Your account and Membership will be cancelled and deleted from the sites database no later than 7 days, but backups will remain in place in accordance with the sites retention policy (see below)
- Access to the website's premium content will be removed
- No refunds on unused or partially used membership payment cycles
- Any of your posts and comments will be attributed to "Anon"; However, the IP address used to post those items will remain in place for legal requirements
- A reply to your email will be issued confirming account removal; You may receive subsequent emails referencing your account cancellation as the process is carried out.
Information is stored in the site's database and retained as follows:
- Site Internal backups are taken every day and retained for 7 days (Automated process)
- Server backups are taken every day and retained for 90 days (Automated process)
Backups are tested regularly, any restored data is removed immediately after successful confirmation.