EYFSP Submission Window
4 June - 7 September
The early years foundation stage profile (EYFSP) return is a statutory data collection of EYFSP assessments. Local authorities must complete statutory data collections by law unless there’s a good reason not to.
The EYFSP is an assessment of children’s development and learning at the end of the reception year.
To submit the EYFSP return, you must send assessments for all children getting early education at a state-funded early years setting, including:
- settings that are part of a local-authority-maintained school
- settings that are part of an academy or free school
- all private, voluntary and independent organisations that offer education for children aged under 5, including nurseries and childminders
Early years settings are organisations that offer education for children aged under 5.
Dates for the 2018 return:
- collection opens: 4 June 2018
- deadline for submitting data: 7 September 2018
Submit your data
Once the return has opened, you should submit your data using COLLECT, My centralised data collection and management system.
Note that I’ll only be able to change the status of your data submission to ‘authorised’ once you’ve cleared all errors in the data in COLLECT.